Friday 12 October 2012

Oh Land - White Nights


So now I’m going to gush on about a song I am LOVING at the moment. I know I am a little late on the bandwagon but Oh Land’s music video for her single White Nights is too good to ignore.

I am not usually one to re-watch a music video, and to be honest a lot of pop videos bore me a little. Their link to the lyrics and the general meaning of a song tend to be very tenuous.

A prime example of this would be Maroon 5’s Payphone, which is a top budget pile of poo if you ask me.


Not even Adam Levine's tones torso could save this video...

However Canada’s creation (the director Oh Land (Nanna) is actually Danish) seems to get the balance perfectly. The dream-like imagery ties in effortlessly with the mystical music.

The slow motion shot of Oh Land jumping into the water is just stunning and one of my favourite scenes from the video.

Maybe I am having a bit of a magpie moment – I tend to be attracted to shiny things. But to me this video is stunningly shot, and wonderfully choreographed.

Anyway watch it here and see what you think…




Oh Land’s album is available now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts