Wednesday 3 October 2012

Moone Boy and Hunderby


The cast of the hilarious Hunderby  on set.

This is just a quick post to mention a couple of shows I’m loving at the moment. I know, I know this is meant to a post about Shame but I’ve got a little side-tracked by some other TV delights…

After a fleeting visit back home to London this week I was treated to the luxuries of Sky Plus. So I decided to catch up with everything I’ve been missing whilst being at uni (a student budget can’t quite stretch to a Sky TV subscription).

Both products of Sky’s new season of comedy, Hunderby and Moone Boy have had me chuckling away to the TV screen.

I’ll be honest with you, I was doubtful when I saw the adverts for these two programs. For me, Sky comedies have always been incredibly disappointing Stella and Parents being prime examples.

However Julia Davis’ Hunderby is incredibly funny in all its weirdness. Set in 1800s England, this clever spoof drama certainly provides a lot of laughs. I particularly like Rufus Jones as Dr Foggerty, who plays the role of the charming kind-hearted doctor with his saying “Hush Ho”.


I’ve also been giggling away to Chris O’Dowd’s Moone Boy, which is a sweet coming-of-age story about an 11-year-old boy and his imaginary friend (played by O’Dowd himself). Set in a small town in Ireland, this semi-autobiographical comedy is a must watch if you haven’t already been doing so.



Moone Boy and Hunderby are currently showing on Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts